Thursday, September 13, 2018

Stupid Idea but I need to try it out anyway - Routing

I'm working as a Sr Network Engineer at an MSP.

We're deploying cloud based VoIP phones for many of our customers. Some of whom seem to have inefficient routes getting to the PBX host.

What I would like to attempt is to house a older Cisco 2600 series router in our data center which has access to different ISP PoPs and "bounce" traffic off of that router and send it on it's way to the PBX Host.

[Polycom Phone] -> [On Prem F/W with DNAT] ----redirected flow to DC router----- [DC Cisco Router SNAT ] ----- [Cloud PBX]

My thinking is, by doing this, it would prove one way or another that the particular route the traffic is taking is having an effect either by latency or by QoS past the edge of the internal network .

My experience with cisco is fairly old as I work in a Sonicwall / Dell shop and only get to dig into cisco gear once in a blue moon. I would appreciate input and / or other solutions to test.

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment