Thursday, September 6, 2018

Solarwinds mapping with a large network.

So I got approved to get Solarwinds purchased and setup on my network. I'm wondering if anyone has experience/suggestions for creating a sensible map for it though. You get that world map which is fine, but I'm going to need to add around 500 sites on one of my networks, and it is fairly impossibly to do with that like 720p Jpg they give you. I haven't really located anything much better either. I'm not sure if you can do a vector based map and use that or not.

Possibly the best answer is that I'll need to find the best way to group things and set it up that way. I'm not sure yet If I can possibly setup a group and create a threshold of it changing colors or something to indicate so many sites being down.



No comments:

Post a Comment