Saturday, September 22, 2018

SMBv2 File transfer issue

Hey guys,

I need some advice. I work for an ISP as a Network Engineer. A customer of ours is using SMBv2 to transfer files to there Colo hosted in a DC.

They have a 1gbit connection to the DC. I recently did some Iperf3 testing to our demarc in the DC from their site and with 10 parallel stream we were capable of achieving around 900mbit, so the results were fine with Iperf.

I understand there are multiple factors involved in how much throughput you can get get. The latency we can to our demarc is about 1ms. To the customer is about the same, so I don't think latency is an issue. There is is also no packet loss to the DC either.

Give that the Iperf3 testing was fine, I don't believe there is any issue with the network and is most likely due to the application is use. Are there any other applications I can use to rule out the network being the issue. Applications which are most effective in transferring files maybe?

Thanks, Your fellow network engineer



No comments:

Post a Comment