Thursday, September 27, 2018

Should I go for a Level 2 switch or Level 3?

Hey,

We have about 60 retail properties.

Each location has an ASA 5506 and about 6-8 devices (Computers, Debit Machine for payments, 1-2 printers and other misc)

We'll be deploying voip so the ASA 5506 won't fit the bill as it won't have enough ports.

I don't want to throw in just a dummy unmanaged switch which all the vendors keep recommending lol.

In the future, we might roll IP camera's as well which is why I'd like to get a 24 port managed switch and vlan off the VOIP phones/IP Cameras.

For my case - would a level 2 switch be enough or should I just go with a level 3?

Also - do you have any recommendations that won't break the bank? Kind of on a tight budget. I was thinking of the CISCO SG series but I been told to stay away from those.



No comments:

Post a Comment