Wednesday, September 26, 2018

SC to LC Multi mode fiber connection issue when using FMC and SFP

Running Multi mode 1300nm (the 2km variety) fiber network. Have a bunch of fiber media converters (FMC) that take an dual SC connector and magically turns it into a ethernet connection. I recently purchased Trendnet TI-G102 switches with SFP ports and would like to directly connect to the MM fiber feed using Trendnet's MMFiber module TE100-MGBFX. These are all unmanaged devices, yet I don't get a link light when the fiber is connected. I made sure to run them TX > RX and RX> TX. I tried 62.5/125 and 50/125mm MM fiber patch panels, but to no avail.

However, I can go from one SC FMC to another SC FMC without issue as well as one LC SFP to another LC SFP without issue. So why not an SC to LC?

Is there some restriction that makes it difficult to go from an SC to LC connector?



No comments:

Post a Comment