Thursday, September 27, 2018

Router and setup recommendations

Here's my problem:

I am a programmer and this means that the office thinks I'm also an IT or networking expert and so I must fix the slow Internet.

Our office is located in a semi-rural area. We have crap 10Mbps internet connections that constantly drops. We have two separate networks: one for 5 VOIP phones and one for regular office use. There are approximately 12 people and 20 devices total on the router. We are growing fast and will likely be ~25 before the end of the year.

Here's my tentative solution and where I would like recommendations:

  • I would like to ditch one of the internet connections and replace it with one from a different ISP, so that downtime or drops are not in sync.
  • I would like to put everything on a single LAN (is that a good idea?)
  • I would like to have a load balancing / broadband bonding router, but I'm not sure what to buy. I would like a solution that is simple enough that I don't have to deal with an external resource, but I'm resourceful enough. Recommendations?
  • Any other ideas / recommendations?

Thanks guys



No comments:

Post a Comment