Thursday, September 20, 2018

Output drops w/ AutoQoS

I rolled out AutoQoS on several 3560X's in preparation for a VoIP deployment. I'm troubleshooting some intermittent issues, and I see nonzero output drops on several 1Gb/10Gb interfaces that I'm surprised to see drops on, since they are used so minimally--average throughput in the tens of Mbps or less. It's hard to imagine they have experienced significant congestion, but I'm also new to this.

Is it possible that AutoQoS settings would cause output queue drops, even without link saturation?

More generally, is it possible AutoQoS produces settings that cause more problems than they solve?

Example platform info: WS-C3560X-48P on IOS 15.0(2)SE11 (latest gold star)

Edit: So I disabled QoS altogether and cleared interface counters. A few moments later I see them incrementing on several idle interfaces. Maybe a hardware issue?



No comments:

Post a Comment