Thursday, September 27, 2018

Network monitoring tool with configuration management module

Hi all,

We going to setup new monitoring tool in my company.

The main requirement is to monitor 500 network devices (Dell, Juniper, Checkpoint) via SNMP + (not required but nice to have) VMware and bare-metal servers monitoring (iDRAC and iLO).

Also, we want to have possibility to collect, store and manage configuration from network devices. I have experience with BMC Entuity (Eye of Storm) tool and I know that it can do it, but the report module is really bad and also BMC support is not helpful at all.

I expect that PRTG will be a good option (I like that web panel uses HTML5 instead flash or other heavy technology). It is really easy to use, but unfortunately it does not provide any possibility to store and manage configs.

Any idea from your site? Of course, we looking for some commercial solution. Please do not propose open-source solutions.



No comments:

Post a Comment