Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Macs randomly disconnecting from wifi, at a loss.

Hey everyone. I kind of placed into a network admin position due to my proximity of the hardware and very slight knowledge of the subject at a growing company. One of our offices is in a super crowded area and all our neighbors seem to have their own wifi + broadcasting a wonderful xfinity signal as well. I'm guessing this is my main issue, but all our macbooks seem to randomly disconnect once or twice a day. It happens for about a minute, and sometimes requires turning the wireless off and on.

I've got a sonicwall and a couple of ruckus r610s. I previously had some ubiquiti WAPs in there. Anyone have any advice or experience with something similar?

Things ive tried: Running new cable, replacing WAPs, trying different channels on waps, trying different ruckus firmware, manually setting MTU on mac.

Things I should probably try: Going to each of our 20~ neighbors and asking them to turn off their xfinity wifi.



No comments:

Post a Comment