Thursday, September 27, 2018

Looking for recommendations on a WAP for video signals at a football field.

So I am running a Tricaster TC1 and NewTek NDI Sparks that operate on Wifi as part of their feature set.

I'm looking at running two of these boxes wirelessly. I realize that I need a robust network. At the field in question, there's very little room for electricity. There's not places to expand it, but we DO have a fiber backbone for our networking. Right now, we have a PoE switch in the booth at the field and 10gb between the field and the switcher (in the main building)

I need a WAP (or two) that is going to cover the football field and blanket the area so I can have mobile cameras roaming the sidelines.

It sounds like Ubiquiti might be the way to go, but I'm confused on options. This setup would not broadcast a public SSID and would not be connected to anything by the video signals. In fact, it's literally connected to a VLAN with no other traffic on that particular network.

What would you guys recommend?



No comments:

Post a Comment