Saturday, September 29, 2018

Joining Equinix - Any gotchas?

I'm looking at connecting into the 350 E Cermak center. I'm going to buy dual transport from two carriers, since I'm about 170 miles away with how the crow flies.

Was curious if there's anything I should be looking out for as a gotcha? I'm going to be xconnecting some dedicated circuits, wanting to drop into the IX, and getting dual legs in (Maybe one carrier depending on price buying separate waves, but trying to get two different carriers). From what I read, I'd need a full rack to connect into the IX, since they won't let you with a half or less? There's nothing on their site of requirements or anything of the sort though.

Any obvious things I'm overlooking? I'm in a smaller datacenters with a smaller regional IX, so upgrading to the big boy league is a bit intimidating for the costs involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment