Saturday, September 15, 2018

Internet works, modem/router not playing well

Okay so I moved into a new apt, internet is purchased through spectrum but charter modem and spectrum router provided. I have an asus router I've used before and wanted to again.

Now. Models: Charter modem: technicolor dpc3216 Spectrum router: Rac2v1s Asus: rt-n53

Issue: When I connect the asus I reset everything and modem lights up except the "link" light (well its on just orange). When the asus is connected it doesnt have internet to the router even on lan.

When I reconnect the spectrum router the "link" light is connected and wifi/lan works.

Its not a ppoe it's static.

What on gods green earth is wrong with the modem/asus connection? There's got to be something im missing. This isnt normal 😭



No comments:

Post a Comment