Friday, September 7, 2018

I need to learn more about Cisco ordering from CCW. And other things... hoping to be pointed in the right direction.

Hey /r/networking. It's been a while.

Took 6 months off and just re-entered the workforce, and I just accepted a pre-sales position with a cisco VAR that relies pretty heavily on ordering through CCW I've played with the demo and tbh it seems pretty straightforward, but I'd like to be a prepared as possible.

There are 2 main things I'm looking for help with.

1) How do you identify bundles when ordering through CCW? Everyone kept throwing around that concept in my interviews, so I expect it to be a big part of the job, but I am not sure how to find them on the site.

2) When it comes to CCW, do you have any tips for MAKING SURE you order the right stuff? It seems like CCW is pretty damn simple, but holy moly is there a lot of SKU's for each product! I'll be building out a network design and ordering that design for our customers, so I just need to make sure I'm not messing it up early on in my role... I assume the answer here is "google it and be thorough" and also "know more stuff that you don't know now". So if anyone has some recommended resources that'd be really cool.

It's funny. I have always considered myself a strong Cisco engineer... but I have never been involved in the purchasing process. I think there's going to be a learning curb.

I guess when it comes down to it I'm really just looking for a crash course on Cisco network design from a hardware perspective.

Thanks for any insight. Sorry this isn't a question about something a little more technical.



No comments:

Post a Comment