Thursday, September 6, 2018

Help...sonicwall + network switches

Hi all,

I’ve been given a task to do tomorrow for a client of ours at our MSP.

At the moment, our client has 2 modems going into a Cisco meraki router. One line is for their voip system and the other for their data.

Tomorrow I’m replacing their set up with this:

2 x ubiquiti 24p poe switches 1 x sonicwall tz400 1 x ubiquiti WAP

I need to create a vlan for guest WiFi, a vlan for the data, and the second switch is going to be on a different subnet.

I’m going to plug the data router into the sonicwall and configure the interface it is plugged into, and then plug this into the VOIP switch and put the voip switch on the same subnet.

The data switch, I need to create a vlan for their data and on the sonicwall, and then set up DHCP scopes for this I think? And then do the same; a vlan for their guest WiFi, and the same on their sonicwall.

I’m really nervous as my networking skills aren’t that great, and I don’t want to rip out the clients network and then not be able to get them up and running again! I’m more server installations rather than networking, and I really need some advice about where to start with all of this.

I’ve got the kit here with me tonight for set up, I’m planning on upgrading the firmware firstly for each device and then putting them on our ubiquiti portal and registering the sonicwall.



No comments:

Post a Comment