Friday, September 14, 2018

First certification

Hi guys, I've just got a job as a network engineer without any certification and my employee is now willing to pay training courses for a networking certification.

For some reasons, it has come down to this: either Fortinet (NSE-4) or Juniper (JNCIA-Junos). Considering that

  1. I'm more about the knowledge that comes from the training than the fame/popularity of the cert itself,
  2. I'm more comfortable with routing and switching than firewalling. Specifically, I only know basic firewall theory (stateful, stateless, L4-L7 concepts) and my only practical knowledge on the topic is related to iptables and, to a less extent, pf,
  3. I'm going to work with both Fortinet and Juniper gear,
  4. it's unlikely that this will be the only cert I'll ever get,

what do you suggest?



No comments:

Post a Comment