Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dropped packets on ZTE router

I have ZTE F660 router from my ISP. When I login through telnet and see at ifconfig, there is a lot of TX dropped packets. For example if I restart router it resets, so it will be like TX packets: 80 dropped: 15000.

It is on eth3, so my LAN port to another router which then goes to my laptop. I tried to check if any settings affect that on both routers, buth no luck so far.

Tried to connect laptop directly and same thing.

Is this normal or not?

I don't see any packet loss or bad pings, but sometimes I think it helps in fps games after router reset to not get shot instantly. But at dslreports I don't always get A or B for quality, and retransmits are between 3 to 8% depending if I check on Linux or Windows and day time.

It is fiber optic to router ZTE router.



No comments:

Post a Comment