Friday, September 7, 2018

Cisco WLC and restricting Airplay to local subnet

Starting from the beginning... I have an SSID that is shared across a few AP groups. Within any of the AP groups, this SSID is assigned a different vlan interface so there is a different subnet per building location. All traffic is tunneled back to the controller.

Bonjour is supposed to be link local... but for some reason does not work without mdns being enabled. The problem is the Apple TV's are now crossing subnets which I do not want. I previously setup the ACL's in the controller from the link below, but it does not seem to have any affect anymore as the Apple TV's are still discoverable across buildings.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1100-series-access-point/113443-cuwn-apple-bonjour-dg-00.html#block

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Any idea's?



No comments:

Post a Comment