Friday, September 28, 2018

Cisco WLC, Aironet APs and Dropping Zebra QLn320

I have a warehouse with 23 AIR-CAP3702E-B-K9 and ten pickers with these custom machines and a Zebra QLn320. The QLn320 will randomly just drop. I figured it was an issue with the Zebra so I have been making modifications to the code inside. Its help but not a lot. Now I'm not sure if the issues are with the printer or the controller or an access point. I started a constant ping on three printers. Two with one user and one that was randomly going through the warehouse. I notice all the printers have weird cycle.

This is from one of them.

time=4ms
time=4ms
time=4ms
time=4ms
time=48ms
time=46ms
time=35ms
time=4ms

^this varies slightly

Occasionally I get a request timed out in the mix, sometimes its a full drop for 30 seconds from time to time.

I decided to ping google on my laptop to see my responses.

time=17ms
time=17ms
time=17ms
time=49ms
time=90ms
time=17ms

I'm at a loss of what could be causing these things to drop.

Any help would be much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment