Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Cisco Vlan help?

Hey guys, I'm currently working to deploy an Avaya IP phone system at my work.

I'm running into an issue where the phones will not connect to the DHCP server that is being hosted on the Avaya R630 server.

We upgraded our entire backend network to Cisco 2960X switches to be able to provide POE support to all areas of the building.

Our setup is pretty simple, We are going to be plugging the phones directly into the wall and our end users desktops to the phones. The IP phones are set to be running on VLAN 201 named "Voice". We only have about 260 total users and we are in one building across a couple of floors.

I have gone through all of my switches in my deployment and changed all of the ports to trunking ports, and allowed access to Vlans 1 though 201.

Picture of my topology:

https://imgur.com/a/jo5IKCg

On one of my switches, labeled "3rd north", I accidentally changed all ports to access ports for Vlan 201. When I did this the phone was able to reach the DHCP server and obtain an IP address. However once I allow it access to all Vlans accross 1-201 I can no longer access the DHCP server or the call server even if I give the phone a static IP on the same subnet.

I have gone through and made sure that all of the port that connect my switches are setup as trunk ports, some of them were still setup as static even after making changes through the CLI of the switch. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas on where this issue might lie and if there is anything else that you would like me to confirm. I have access to all switches and can provide any additional screenshots to help with troubleshooting.

Sorry if I'm leaving out some important information.. Been working at this almost 10 hours straight.



No comments:

Post a Comment