Friday, September 21, 2018

Can't get my router to keep a Gigabit connection

The router in cause is a TP-Link Archer C2. I got it two years ago I believe. The problem I have is the fact that it doesn't keep a Gigabit connection running. It limits it to 100Mbps.

The first year i had it for it worked great. I was getting Gigabit speeds every single day on my computer and 300/300 WiFi on my phone. After a year it started limiting speeds to 100Mbps. If i had restarted it it would work on Gigabit for a few months and then cap the speed at 100Mbps. Now if I restart it it doesn't output Gigabit. I have to like let it powered down for a really long time to only get Gigabit for a few days and then be limited at 100Mbps again. Same applies to the speeds on the phone. Limited to 100Mbps.

It's starting to be kinda frustrating to be honest. It poses as my second router. The main one is from my ISP and does the Fiber Optic decoding. If I plug the cable that comes from the main router directly into my computer I get Gigabit speeds (950d/500u) consistently without any problems. I tried anything I could find on the internet really, from updating the firmware, to windows settings, to resetting to factory settings a few times...nothing seems to fix the issue.

What can I do to it to have it consistently output the Gigabit internet speed like it's supposed to? Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment