Friday, September 21, 2018

Can't find Copper SFP to work between Intel X520-AT2 and Cisco Nexus C92160YC-X

The link refuses to come up. If I plug the Intel into a regular old copper switch, it comes up at 1Gb just fine. I've tried both of the copper SFPs from FS.com(which they claim are compatible) and a few other random ones laying around but either no link or Cisco didn't like the transceiver. The SFPs work with other connections, like the IPMI interface at 1Gb, no issues. On the server side it says NO LINK.

I'm thinking of ordering the 10Gtek RJ45 10Gbase-T SFP+ they have but again, don't know if it'll even work.

I've tried adding "service unsupported-transceiver" on the Cisco side but that didn't help. I also found a Cisco bug with these Intel X520-AT2 NICs but I am well past the resolved in firmware version.

Anyone run into this issue and have a confirmed working copper SFP? I'm trying to avoid buying Cisco SFPs since they are so expensive.

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment