Thursday, September 13, 2018

Can some one explain the real world usage of these routing features

Hi Guys,

I am new to Networking. I somehow got a job in Networking domain. (Previously was working in a non-Networking domain)

I am finiding it quite tough to understand the concepts. These Networking Jargons are scary.

Currently I am in QA team, where I would need to test the new features that are introduced in the router. It's a IOSXR Core Router.

And to test this feature, I need to know about all the following features. I tried to look at the wiki pages for these features, but still the real world usage part is not clear.

Can someone explain the real world usage for these features in a sentence ?

IGP - I know about this RIP, OSPF, EIGRP used to learn the networks and store the route address in routing table for route lookup. So this solves almost all of our network tasks, which is finding our destination IP address.

BGP

L2VPN

L3VPN

MPLS TE

VRF

RSVP-TE

FRR

MULTICAST

P2MP

MLDP



No comments:

Post a Comment