Saturday, September 22, 2018

Basic Juniper Routers for Lab?

I would like to add a couple Juniper routers to a small home lab that is mostly FortiNet, Ubiquit, ZyXEL, NetGear, and the like. I don't need firewall features on the Juniper routers but don't mind if they're there. It's a mostly copper 1Gbps network, with 1 Gbps up/down (if I let the lab call out anyway) but if the Juniper routers are a little slower that's fine. I'll mostly be testing vlans and IPsec between FortiNet and Juniper, but will throw in some dynamic routing and other stuff as well.

Any suggestions on what to get that won't break the bank (now or with service renewals) but will let me test this out and teach myself Junos OS? It looks like a couple SRX300 or SRX100 might do it?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.



No comments:

Post a Comment