Thursday, September 20, 2018

Avoiding Night Shift Entry Level Positions?

I have my CCNA and I'm about to finish my degree. I'm starting to look for entry level positions. But it seems like many of them are working in NOCs on the night shift. I'm comfortable with paying my dues, but I can't physically work the night shift. I've done it for several years in previous jobs and it took a serious toll on my health. I even feel asleep during my shift once and woke up in the morning with other staff starting to come in. I don't have any sleep disorders. I'm just a morning person and not a night person.

Is there another path to normal day shift positions? Are there other types of companies I should be looking for? Would it be easier to start from Help Desk and move into a networking position?



No comments:

Post a Comment