Friday, August 17, 2018

Wireless deployment with no internet access

Hello

I've just had a very interesting question from one of our sales guys and I wanted to see if anyone here had experience with it.

His potential customer runs some sort of warehouse with automated drone robots that pick the equipment from the shelves. When working out the quote my colleague was trying to sell an internet circuit with it, and the customer was pretty adamant about not needing one, since all he needs his drones to communicate with is a server that's on site. I'm assuming this has some connection to the internet but that's not information I'm privy too.

He wants to deploy a Cisco WLAN with an on-site controller but no outside connectivity, theoretically I can't see any reasons why it isn't possible but it isn't something I've ever encountered before and googling "wireless with no internet" just brings up stacks of people complaining about their wifi not working properly.

Has anybody here ever seen something like this?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment