Thursday, August 2, 2018

whole house VPN router?

Hi, I'm looking for a hardware device that will provide a whole house VPN traffic solution. So my current setup is like this:

Virgin media 200mb modem (routing is switched off) -> Google WiFi (router) I think whatever hardware would need to sit between the two of them.

Stuff I'd like it to do: * needs to have a openVPN client so I can connect it to say nordvpn, or another provider * provide encryption for all data (TV ie iplayer, PC's/macs, dishwasher(!)) to the VPN endpoint needs to be able to handle upto 200mb VPN or more. It should use the bandwidth we're paying for really! * be easy to use and set up * needs to seemlessly allow additional ad-hoc vpns to our offices (standard office VPNs).

Stuff I don't want it to do: * no wifi capabilities :)

I've been looking online, but there's quite a variety i'm looking more at small business VPN routers.

Any thoughts as to suitable VPN routers please, or experience doing something similar?

Thanks in advance! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment