Thursday, August 23, 2018

When I chain my routers the 2nd never works. Please send help

Hello Reddit.

I got a problem and I have been trying to fix it and have had approximately 0 success in doing so. So, the issue is, I have a few routers. The first one, ASUS RT-N12E, is connected to a Cisco modem. That one works fine. Then, I have a very long cable running through my wall into the bottom floor. It is connected to my ASUS RT-N11P router, I have tried connecting it primarily via the WAN port, but also tried LAN ports. I've changed the IP of the 2nd router so that it's not the same as the 1st router. I've also disabled DHCP on the 2nd router and left it enabled on the first. Now, the 2nd router as a standalone works perfectly fine, but when these two get chained together in any order, the 2nd one never seems to work. How do I fix that? Basically, what I'm trying to achieve is to have this 2nd router have either its own Wi-Fi network or serve as a repeater for the original Wi-Fi network, but I also want it to be able to provide a LAN connection that I can use on my PC and laptop.

Please help, any help is appreciated, thank you.

Unbound.



No comments:

Post a Comment