Friday, August 10, 2018

What networking related topics would students be interested in?

Hello r/networking, I'm a student in my final year of college. We have a student run group where we organize talks and workshops by experts or the students from the group themselves talk about any topic related to CS. What do you think would be an interesting topic? We have CS students ranging from sophomores to final years.

One of our seniors gave a demonstration using Bro showing us how to sift through logs and identifying a malicious payload and the source of it with some common flash vulnerabilities. That was well received

I thought of talking about IPv6 deployment and what it brings to the table but I couldn't think of any content that would last for more than 15 minutes.
What about SDNs? I figured I could spin up a network using mininet and pox and show them how to programmatically configure a switch.

Or how about automation using Ansible?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment