Thursday, August 23, 2018

What info do you want to see in an incident ticket?

Hello fellow networking people

 

I am in the process of designing a set of guidelines for our B-level. One of the things we'd like to standardize is the information that should always be present in a ticket before they forward it to C-level. I've come up with some things already but I'm sure I'm missing some still. On the other hand, I don't want the list to grow too long, but regardless I could put some extra/optional guidelines in a separate document.  

This is what I've got so far:

 

How many users are impacted?

  • 1
  • An entire floor
  • Entire building
  • Site-wide outage
  • All users of a certain application

 

Specify the location.

  • Site
  • Building
  • Floor
  • Room

 

Give info about the affected device.

  • Laptop name
  • ipconfig /all output

 

Which troubleshooting steps have already been taken? (and mention the results)

  • Ping
  • Tracert
  • Nslookup
  • Netstat
  • Route print

 

Describe the issue in detail.

  • When did the issue first occur?
  • Has the issue happened before, possibly with a different user?
  • Did the user take a specific action right before the issue occurred?
  • Can the issue be replicated?

 

Much thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment