Friday, August 24, 2018

vmware pfsense no traffic on vlan

Hello all,

I am at my wits end with trying to get this firewall solution to work.

Diagram

I have a server running esxi 6.5.0 and have a VM loaded with pfsense. The vmware configuration has the necessary vlans assigned to the port groups on vswitch1. Vswitch1 uses 2 10gig ports as physical adapters. On the VM itself, I have the network adapters tagged. Pfsense detects the interfaces and I have them tagged as well (lan tagged as 209 and wan tagged as 45). The WAN upstream is 192.168.45.1 which is an SVI on the layer 3 switch.

I can access pfsense web gui from either the wan vlan 45 ip (192.168.45.19) or from the lan vlan 209 ip (172.16.160.1/20). I have the firewall basically open on both interfaces from * to * protocol any. I can ping the pfsense wan and lan gateway from all other vlans on any other switch on my network (example shown from vlan 100). But when I place a device on vlan 209 with a static IP (dhcp relay is not being passed) I am not able to ping anything. I cannot ping the gateway (172.16.160.1/20) or any host on that subnet. When I try packet captures or pings from pfsense itself, there is no traffic hitting the device.

Any hints or clues at what might be going on?



No comments:

Post a Comment