Saturday, August 4, 2018

Travel and Deployment Network Engineers

Hello all, I am fairly new to the networking field as I have been studying for my CCNA and about to start a help desk role for a telecom company. For the last couple of years, I have been installing structured cabling (CAT6/Fiber), patch panels, routers and switches. No configurations, just pulling and terminating cable, and rack and stack. I enjoy hands-on work but I also enjoy the computer side of things. I was wondering what type of Network Engineers out there, work with new clients on the installation and configurations of lets say their new offices. I am interested in a role where I work on deployment projects of networks for new client sites. I would like a traveling role, working with a variety of different deployments, and doing the initial configurations and installations. I have heard VARs do this specifically, and I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone would like to share their perspective on this. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment