Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Testing ports on remote hardware

So there is this industrial widget connected to a computer.

Tge widget is assigned to 192.168.1.2 I want to attempt to see if communication is being blocked to it. Wireshark right now on a 3rd computer is not an option.

It is assigned to port ****** I forget if the port uaes tcp, udp or both.

The computer and the widget have a direct connection and no additional networking.

Ideally I'd run a script from the computer to test the port when I have a communication failure.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/paping/

Or could I use wireshark without the need of additional hardware.

The widget translates data to the computer to other devices. We are loosing communication with all devices. Wiring, power supply, widget, devices and cabling have been replaced.

I susspect something else but have been tasked with testing the network to it. I'm by no means a network professional.



No comments:

Post a Comment