Friday, August 17, 2018

Single machine unable to load web GUI

So long story short, I have a desktop that I use for my daily admin machine. Found the other day that a web gui for a firewall did not load when accessing the LAN IP and port. I can ping the device, I can access the GUI via the WAN IP and port (it's a remote site firewall), I can telnet to the port and it connects, I can SSH to the device from this machine, I can tracert and see it's taking the appropriate route, and 3 other machines (including a non-domain joined machine) load the GUI just fine from behind the same switch on my desk. I've tested Chrome, Firefox, IE and even the lovely Edge browser and they all act like the site times out. Even looking at the Wireshark capture on the machine it acts like a TCP timeout. I'm kind of out of ideas at this point. I even rebooted the remote firewall over night as well as my desktop and still have the issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment