Thursday, August 23, 2018

Should I ask for more/title change? I am the only Net Engineer now.

Quick backstory, got hired into a company as a "systems engineer" but I was working directly as a Cisco network engineer under the network architect who reported to the CTO, I have a lot of network exp. about 6 years. I studied the network, built a physical and logical network and understood how it is all set up, set up a few devices and such, then the network architect, about a month after I got hired, accepted a new job, I was moved under the system architect manager, but now I am the only network engineer, and architect, I have been here about 2 1/2 months now, and I am holding strong, afaik they have no plans to replace the architect. The person I am under works mostly with vms, aws, server, and has no network experience so I am basically doing my own thing at this point. My question is, what should I do, keep riding this out? ask for a promo/title change as I am the only networking person now? Not sure if it has been enough time or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment