Friday, August 3, 2018

Programmatic verification of connections and transceivers on Cisco NX-OS

Hello,

I am in process of rolling out bunch of cookie cutter 10-rack environments around the world. Configs are built automatically, switches are being provisioned by POAP - that pretty much takes care of most of human error issues, except for wiring and using the right SFPs and QSFPs. So I need to verify that everything is indeed plugged in the same way I would expect it to be done.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a script (probably with netmiko) that would SSH in, get all the data and compare it to what I expect, but before I do it I want to check - maybe somebody did something similar already? I wasn't able to find anything terribly useful with Google, so if you could point me to scripts or some other way somebody else have handled this task - it would be greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment