Thursday, August 23, 2018

prepping for the next networking job

I'm currently looking for a new networking job. Right now I'm taking refresher networking courses on udemy. Mostly i've worked on the wired/routing and switching side of things and want to keep it along that path. Security is something i'm interested in but I'm afraid having very little experience with it will be a non starter for employers. As far as vendor experience i've worked on cisco, hp/aruba, and alcatel.

My question is what courses/books/etc do you suggest i take that would be most helpful? Would you go the vendor route? I've had roughly 5 years of experience doing networking, but being a guy that wears many hats--doing help desk/networking/everything else, i feel like that there are big gaps that i need to address (hence the network refresher). Thanks again.



No comments:

Post a Comment