Friday, August 3, 2018

Possible Network loop?

So I just got done implementing some Cisco 2960X's throughout the building at my work. I set them all up at my desk and then added them to the Cisco Network Assistant to make sure that I could easily have a way to manage them.

We completed the switch over tonight and noticed something odd whenever I checked the Network Assistant.

You'll see in the image that switch 309.1 is the centralized switch. (Eventually I will be adding a layer 3 3850 switch to be my core switch.)

"6thIT" has a straight connection to the "309.1" switch as well as "3rdNorth".

I was expecting "6thIT" to have just a straight connection to "309.1" as that's how it's connected directly.

However it also has a connection going to "3rdNorth" which to be clear there is not a connection straight from the "3rdNorth" switch to the "6thIT" switch. If there was would this also not cause a network loop?

Let me know what this might be and if there is anything that I need to double check on my end. After the implementation our network is working as it should and I have not noticed and limitations at all.

https://imgur.com/a/RpBQ900



No comments:

Post a Comment