Thursday, August 23, 2018

noob question, Arista login annoyance

I'm pretty confident the answer is a resounding 'nope,' but at least I will ask. Running through the configuration of the first set of Arista switches for a datacenter deployment, running 4.20.8M, and I'm slightly annoyed by the requirement to do 'enable' to enter privileged exec mode. The Cisco equivalent is to add 'privilege level 15' to the line commands and if a user is privilege 15 they will be logged in to privileged exec mode.

Ultimately what I'm looking to do is to prevent having to rewrite more scripts than necessary (yaay! more expects!) but I am not completely confident that it is possible to do this.

Can anybody provide some insight? So far most things seem simple, it just comes down to the network automation at this point that will suffer since all the scripts will have to be modified/rewritten if we cannot make this happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment