Friday, August 3, 2018

Need help with design of this network - dual WAN in 3 facilities

I will likely be hiring someone to do this as I am mostly a sysadmin and while I could hack the networking together this may be too critical for me to guess through it, but because I'm a creature that likes learning...

If you had 3 facilities, each with basic "business" internet with NO SLA (imagine comcast) and that was your only option, but you could also have microwave/long range wireless link between the facilities as backup (or vice-versa). What would you buy for devices to interconnect these 3 facilities?

so basically I will have comcast-like modem as one internet handoff and probably another handoff for the microwave link at each facility.

I would like automatic HA/failover for the devices AND the WAN connections, if it means buying 2 devices for each facility I am ok with that.

I would also like something with a GUI and CLI, if possible, but I can manage CLI-only if needed (there may be others that would struggle with it involved too, hence why GUI would be nice).

Does anyone have a diagram of how this would be connected up?



No comments:

Post a Comment