Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Monitoring uder traffic via router.

I manage a small office in China and there is little IT infrastructure to speak of aside from a synology diskststion and a netgear nighthawk router that I installed. Ideally I need to monitor traffic through the router. 

The problem is that people in the office use commercial vpn applications and I'm sure this is going to create and problem in detecting what people are viewing during work hours.

What are my options here? Do I need to install software on the user laptops in order to obtain a definitive list of what they are browsing and the time spent on each website? Would also be good if I could obtain the amount of data sent over the network for each user as I know one is regularly gaming! 

Thanks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment