Wednesday, August 8, 2018

loss of bidirectional communication?

Hi Guys,

I just want to here your thoughts about this.

Issue: I cannot ping the next hop-address but I can learn the mac address of the next hop.

Topology:

Provider(PE)-----(Partner)-----(CE)Customer

PE# Show arp

10.2.2.1- e0ac.f163.bb5e Interface ARPA TenGigE0/0/2/2.8

10.2.2.600:00:18 ecbd.1d8b.aca1 Dynamic ARPA TenGigE0/0/2/2.8 <--CE MAC ADDRESS/IP

So if I can learn it mac address this means "RX" is working(I know how to reach the nexthop),

PE TX---------------X------------- RX CE

RX------------------------------ TX CE

Now is there any possiblity that the reply from CE has an Issue, In this case do you think they can or cannot resolve our mac/Ip from CE side?

In case of udld issue should both side can learn it mac address?

Let's exclude the filtering/acl/fw on this scenario because there is none.

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment