Saturday, August 25, 2018

Juniper in the SMB space confusion

So I've never used Juniper in production (almost exclusively Cisco, Palo Alto and Fortinet) but from what I'v seen their CLI seems better than the CLI of IOS (to me anyway). I started looking at pries of their firewalls and they are very competitive but their switches seem very expensive for small shops who just need basic layer 2 (something compatible to a 2960).

Why would they price their firewalls so that they are within reach of most small offices but not make a switch that is the same? It seems like all their switches are overkill for a little branch office. Like I said though, I haven't used them and I may be missing something. I just wanted thoughts/correction from people who do use them.



No comments:

Post a Comment