Thursday, August 9, 2018

Juniper: BFD logging to remote syslog server

I am currently setting up BFD (for IS-IS) on select links in my network. I'm using ACX1100 routers.

We would like to receive syslog messages to my syslog server when a BFD state transition occurs, but I am having a hard time getting BFD state transitions to be sent to my syslog server.

I am currently doing the below:

system { ... syslog { ... host 172.x.x.x { authorization info; daemon any; source-address 10.x.x.x; } } } protocols { ... bfd { traceoptions { flag state; } } } 

I am receiving normal syslog messages (such as authorization attempts) at my syslog server, but nothing pertaining to BFD. I also tried logging BFD to a file just to see if messages are being logged at all, and I do see messages in the file.

Is anyone currently doing this? What am I doing wrong?



No comments:

Post a Comment