Saturday, August 25, 2018

HPE product line segmentation

Is it just me, or is HPE's line in the sand getting a little nuts? My real pet peeve is airflow direction. It appears they're removing reverse airflow options from the entire Aruba/Procurve line going forward. I don't have anything inherently against Comware (honestly, I've never touched a functioning Comware switch, only some ancient 3com unit that had already failed), but for a shop where the campus switches account for 98% of deployment, using a different NOS for the 2% that belong in a datacenter is annoying.

I'm fine bouncing around for myself, and we'll have mixed environments with old Cisco gear for years to come, but multiple syntaxes make getting trainees up to speed far more difficult than need be. HPE is busy going after the SDN market with Altoline: why not let us choose ArubaOS or Comware for their campus/datacenter hardware?



No comments:

Post a Comment