Friday, August 24, 2018

How to start to Design a high bandwidth SAN & Network System

Hi Storage Experts,

I need to design a HA Storage system. The scenario is that we are recording HD Videos in cars and end of day we need to copy all these video files to our storage system for analysis.

1)Which would be the best tech in storage to transfer these PBs size loads of videos from car to SAN based storage wirelessly.

2)How should I design my SAN in the scale of PBs and make sure its future proof.

3)What are the latest hardware and software components I might require to accomplish this task.

I am software developer and am new to this domain. Kindly request all to provide the name of even the most basic of components required for the setup so that I can do a cost estimation and compare with other techs.

My novice solution so far:

  1. Transmitting module in car if using WiFi (802.11ac (aka Gigabit Wifi) max 200 Mbps speed) to transfer a file of size 15 TB to SAN Storage takes 7 days !!

2.SAN needs to be configured with High Availability.

Thanks a lot in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment