Thursday, August 2, 2018

How to get Internet in remot(ish) locations?

Hello All,

I have a client that has warehouses they maintain (surveillance, monitoring, etc). Most of these locations are in metropolitan areas but do not have network infrastructure coming into a building. The sites themselves are large lots (10+ acres, multiple buildings) and do not have copper lines or fiber for internet. The ISP's I have spoken with will do an install for $40K++.

This sounds dumb, but I know about Ubiquiti Airfiber and cheaper variants; Can I just get some antennas set up on site, and make a deal(contract) with another business/ home owner to allow up to put up an antenna and internet connection? Are their ISP that would provide me service and point it at my Antenna?

From a legal aspect, If I owned a house across the street could I buy internet there and beam it across the street to the facility?

How do you all handle these scenarios?



No comments:

Post a Comment