Thursday, August 16, 2018

EIGRP distribute-list & Topology Table

I haven't been able to find the answer to this with some googling and looking in my old CCNP route book. Trying to use a prefix list with the distribute list command to only redistribute the default route from EIGRP into the neighboring L3 switches. I want to make sure I know what's going out before I form the neighborship and there doesn't seem to be any command equal to the show bgp advertised routes command. So, here are my questions:

Is there any EIGRP command that shows you what routes will be advertised to a neighbor? I haven't found it so it doesn't look like there is.

If I apply a distribute list with a prefix list inbound, will the routes that are supposed to be filtered out show up in the topology table of that device? I'd assume they shouldn't.

Same question but now outbound. I'd think these might show up in the topology table but be filtered once they hit the interface outbound.

I'm doing "redistribute static" but then applying a prefix list to permit 0.0.0.0/0 & the implicit deny at the end. I've tried applying both inbound and outbound but the static routes show up in the topology table either way.



No comments:

Post a Comment