Friday, August 10, 2018

Do I spend the extra to get MacBook Pro?

I am shopping for a new laptop with 32G memory(need the ram to run virtual machines). Looking at thinkpad T480, dell XP’s 15 and MacBook Pro 15 inch. Currently thinkpad t480 is the “cheapest” with XP’s 15 a little bit more expensive when I try to spec out the three similarly. MacBook Pro is about 1k more...

From what I use daily as consultant, I am not sure how I can adjustify the extra spending with the MacBook Pro, performance? A recent PC mag video on YouTube showing MacBook Pro is not the best performing laptop from their testings. So want to come here ask your opinion(weather you are a network engineer, consultant or SE) Why you would choose MacBook Pro over the windows laptops? Any particular applications you use works better on MacBook Pro?

Frankly speaking, the only reason I am even considering MacBook Pro is because I kinda like macOS and integration with iPhone. But I am not sure if that is enough to spend the extra money.

Thanks,



No comments:

Post a Comment