Wednesday, August 22, 2018

DNS sanity check

hello! I am fairly certain this will work, but I need to double check since this will be a decent sized project going forward for us.

First details: clients manage their own DNS records, they have their site and other subdomains that point to other things, but we have one of their subdomains that point to our service (load balanced 443 web traffic)

Current: myservice.ourclient1.org (obviously example)

The A Record points to an IP address that is on our side, and load balanced. We have an SSL cert that is provided by the client

What I would like to do (we are moving to a new hosting environment): Once we are ready to cut over to the new data center with all new F5 load balancers, etc I would like to see it look like -

CNAME record of myservice.ourclient1.org point to ourclient1.publicDNSservice.com and then I manage what the A Record of what IP address this points to (also adds some DR functionality with managing this)

Any gotchas? anything I am missing? thanks for the sanity check!



No comments:

Post a Comment