Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Budget-friendly disk-based cloud storage

I used to have a dropbox 1TB, and I want to replace it with something like a Synology or QNAP devices where I can create my own cloud. Here's what I want it to do/have:

1- Access it remotely from any computer (upload and download)

2- Preferable a phone app to upload pics and vids directly

3- Share links with others to download files (is this even possible in this case?)

4- I dont care about playing media from it.

5- 2 bays minimum, though I was thinking 4 bays for future proofing.

​

I came across Synology (418j, 416, ...) , QNAP and other brands. I dont want an overkill for my needs, which is mainly backup for my data, redundancy, online accessibility and sharing with others without giving them access to the whole drive.

​

Any recommendation is appreciated. Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment